This is an advanced topic, and should not be necessary in most situations, except where you are using a host that Eventbrite has banned some of their IPs.
- First, you’ll need to choose a proxy service to use. There are many options available, including paid and free services. Some popular options include HideMyAss, TorGuard, and ProxyMesh. Or you can install a Proxy server on a VPS if you have one available.
- Once you’ve chosen a proxy service, you’ll need to obtain the proxy server details. This will typically include the IP address, port number, and authentication credentials.
- Log in to your WordPress site using an FTP client or the file manager in your web hosting control panel.
- Locate the wp-config.php file in the root directory of your WordPress site.
- Download a backup copy of the wp-config.php file to your computer, in case you need to restore it later.
- Open the wp-config.php file in a text editor.
- Add the following code just before the ‘stop editing’ comment
define('WP_PROXY_HOST', 'proxy.example.com'); define('WP_PROXY_PORT', '8080'); define('WP_PROXY_USERNAME', 'username'); define('WP_PROXY_PASSWORD', 'password');
Replace the values in the code with the details for your proxy server. If your proxy server does not require authentication, you can omit the last two lines.
- Save the wp-config.php file and upload it to your WordPress site, overwriting the existing file.
- Test the proxy connection by navigating to any website from within WordPress. If the connection is successful, you should be able to access the website via the proxy server.
That’s it! By modifying the wp-config.php file, you should be able to configure WordPress to use a proxy and access Eventbrite (or any other website) without any issues.